Thursday, April 19, 2012

Filling form with Datamapper ORM object - Codeigniter

I'm trying to get a form populated by data coming from a Datamapper object.



Here's my controller code:



function find()
{
$sub_list = new Subject();
$data['s'] = $sub_list->all;

$this->load->view('professors/find', $data);

}


In my view I'd want to show a dropdown form with the data coming from that object but I can't make it work.
This code:



<?php echo form_dropdown('accesso', $s);?>


Just show me "Subject" for every field in the db.



Many thanks for the help! I'm sorry for the silly issue!



EDIT: Problem solved!



<?php foreach ($s as $a):?>
<?php $options[$a->name] = $a->name; ?>
<?php endforeach ?>
<?php echo form_dropdown('accesso', $options);?>


Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment