Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Handling component links and retrieving the values from the fields of linked component in Dreamweaver TBB

I am working on Dreamweaver TBBs in SDL Tridion 2011 SP1.



I am unaware of handling component links in Dreamweaver TBBs.



Consider my Component name is "A" which has link to another component "B".



Component A source looks like this:



<Content xmlns="Some UUID">
<Name xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="tcm:184-1897"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:title="B"></Name>
</Content>


Component B source is:



<Content xmlns="Some other UUID">
<first>first field</first>
<second>second field</second>
</Content>


I want to write a DWT TBB which can access the fields in the linked component B from Component A.



I want to use RenderComponentField rendition method.



Do I need to add any extentions to it, will I be able apply SiteEdit on it.



Please share your views on it.



Thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment