I'm building a mobile web app and have been struggling with the design and wiring of my backbone views.
Let me illustrate what I would like to achieve.
As you can see, the image above identifies few UI components:
- Toolbar view with back, search and menu button
- Tabbed view with lists
- Detail view
- Menu view
Some notes on the behavior:
- Tapping on the menu button overlays and animates the menu.
- The list and detail views are permanently accessible with hashtags
For now I have created views for the toolbar, menu, list and detail. But obviously there has to be some interaction between views and I'm not sure how to handle it.
Problems to solve:
- Do I render all views when going to detail or list? If not, how to update the toolbar and handle that relationship
- How to remember which tab was shown when going to detail from say tab 2 and go back to list. Remembering the visible tab with hashtags is not an option because just switching between tabs should not be remembered.
I've been looking into tbranyen layoutmanager but it still seems to assume complete isolated views.