Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Share session (cookies) between subdomains in Rails?

I have an app setup where each user belongs to a company, and that company has a subdomain (I am using basecamp style subdomains). The problem that I am facing is that rails is creating multiple cookies (one for lvh.me and another for subdomain.lvh.me) which is causing quite a few breaks in my application(such as flash messages being persistent though out all requests once signed in).



I have this in my /cofig/initilizers/session_store.rb file:



AppName::Application.config.session_store :cookie_store, key: '_application_devise_session', domain: :all


The domain: :all seems to be the standard answer I found on Google, but that doesn't seem to be working for me. Any help is appreciated!





No comments:

Post a Comment